NICARDIA RETARD 20MG TABLET 15'S
By J.B.CHEMICALS & PHARMACEUTICALS LTD Prescription Needed
*Cashback validity: 31 days
*Cashback validity: 365 days
|Available substitute||3 substitute/s available|
Rs.23.50 (41% Savings)
Rs.26.50 (33% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Nifedipine used for?
Nifedipine is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and angina pectoris.
Nifedipine may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Nifedipine work?
Nifedipine belongs to the class of drugs called anti-anginal drugs. This drug acts by dilating the peripheral and coronary blood vessels and reduces the afterload on the heart. Thus, it helps in decreasing blood pressure and chest pain.
How to take Nifedipine?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Nifedipine as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take Nifedipine tablets with or without food.
If you miss a dose of Nifedipine, take it once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Nifedipine include the following:
- Decreased blood pressure
- Decreased heartbeat
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with Nifedipine?
Drugs that interact with Nifedipine include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Nifedipine?
The following are the most common side effects of Nifedipine:
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
- Eye pain
- Visual impairment
- Mood alterations
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Nifedipine?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Nifedipine or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of Nifedipine.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Nifedipine causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid Nifedipine during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice 3 days before taking and while on Nifedipine medication.
- Be cautious while taking Nifedipine if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take Nifedipine if:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Nifedipine?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, heart attack, ulcers or heart failure.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions about Nifedipine
- How should Nifedipine be stored?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking Nifedipine tablets?
- Is it safe to use Nifedipine in elderly?
Store Nifedipine tablets at room temperature (15 – 30O C). Protect from light, heat, and moisture.
Yes, it is advised to consume low-fat and low-sodium diet while on Nifedipine medication.
Nifedipine should be used with caution in elderly. Consult your doctor before using the drug.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.