NEXTOP 100mg Tablet 10's
Rs.114.28 (34% Savings)
Rs.142.00 (18% Savings)
Rs.142.00 (18% Savings)
Rs.145.00 (16% Savings)
Rs.145.00 (16% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is NEXTOP 100mg Tablet used for?
NEXTOP 100mg Tablet is used for the treatment of generalised tonic-clonic seizures and a severe type of childhood epilepsy called Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. It is also used in combination with other medications to prevent a migraine headache.
NEXTOP 100mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NEXTOP 100mg Tablet work?
NEXTOP 100mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-epileptics. This drug acts by inhibiting the sodium and calcium influx into the nerves, which helps in stabilising the electrical nerve activity. It also increases the activity of neurotransmitters in the brain. Thus, it helps in relieving epileptic fits.
How to take NEXTOP 100mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take NEXTOP 100mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of NEXTOP 100mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of NEXTOP 100mg Tablet may include:
- Shallow breathing
- Slurred speech
What are the drugs that interact with NEXTOP 100mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with NEXTOP 100mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of NEXTOP 100mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of NEXTOP 100mg Tablet:
- Change of taste
- Weight loss
- Menstrual changes
- Increased eye pressure
- Vision problems
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Tingling of arms and legs
- Unusual weakness/tiredness
- Frequent urination
- Suicidal thoughts
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking NEXTOP 100mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to NEXTOP 100mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if NEXTOP 100mg Tablet causes severe drowsiness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of NEXTOP 100mg Tablet medication.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Be cautious while using NEXTOP 100mg Tablet medicine as it may cause severe eye problems. Do not self-medicate.
- Consult your doctor before taking NEXTOP 100mg Tablet medication during breastfeeding.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take NEXTOP 100mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking NEXTOP 100mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of osteoporosis, liver failure, kidney dysfunction, breathing problems or glaucoma.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about NEXTOP 100mg Tablet
- Is it safe to take NEXTOP 100mg Tablet medication while on Warfarin?
- Can I take NEXTOP 100mg Tablet medication while taking birth control pills?
- Is it safe to take NEXTOP 100mg Tablet medication during pregnancy?
- Can NEXTOP 100mg Tablet medication be used in children?
No. Avoid taking NEXTOP 100mg Tablet medication along with blood thinners, such as Warfarin. NEXTOP 100mg Tablet can increase the risk of bleeding.
NEXTOP 100mg Tablet can reduce the effect of birth control pills. Therefore, it is recommended to opt for an alternative birth control method while taking NEXTOP 100mg Tablet medication.
No. Avoid taking NEXTOP 100mg Tablet medicine during pregnancy as it can cause cleft palate in the newborn if the drug is used during the first trimester of pregnancy.
Be cautious while using NEXTOP 100mg Tablet medication in children. Do not use NEXTOP 100mg Tablet without medical supervision.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.