|Out of stock|
|Out of stock|
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET used for?
NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET is used for the treatment of seizures and neuropathic pain. This drug helps relieve nerve pain that is associated with diabetic neuropathy and shingles. It is also used to treat trigeminal neuralgia, restless leg syndrome (RLS) and to prevent migraine.
NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET work?
NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET belongs to the class of drugs called anti-epileptics. Glutamate is a neurotransmitter, which acts as a nerve-exciting agent. This neurotransmitter plays an important role in inducing seizures and transmitting pain signals to the brain. NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET acts by interfering with the activity of glutamate in the brain and nervous system. Thus, it helps in reducing the neuropathic pain and seizure activity.
How to take NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole, but do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET with or without food.
If you miss a dose of NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET?
The drugs that interact with NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET?
The following are the most common side effects of NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET:
- Chest pain
- Memory loss
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Mood swings
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of lips, throat and tongue.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly stopping the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive drowsiness when taken with NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET.
You are advised not to take NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing heart problems and liver diseases.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET
- What is an alternative drug for NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET to treat trigeminal neuralgia in a patient with liver disease?
- How should NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET be stored?
- Does NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET cause gallstones?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of the NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET?
- How long can I take NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET?
Carbamazepine is used as an alternative drug for treating trigeminal neuralgia in the case of liver disease. However, you must consult your doctor before using any drug.
NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET is stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
Yes, NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET may cause gallstones. Consult your doctor if you experience any symptoms associated with gallstones such as severe abdominal pain, vomiting, and diarrhoea.
No, NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET dose is prescribed depending on the complexity of neuropathic pain. Therefore, altering the dose is not advised.
NEUPENT AF 600MG TABLET should be used only for the prescribed duration. Do not discontinue unless instructed by your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.