NEPALACT Eye Drops 5ml
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.132.85 (9% Savings)
Rs.140.00 (4% Savings)
Rs.143.40 (1% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is NEPALACT Eye Drops used for?
NEPALACT Eye Drops eye drops is used to relieve pain, irritation and inflammation of the eye after cataract surgery.
NEPALACT Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NEPALACT Eye Drops work?
NEPALACT Eye Drops belongs to the class of drugs called anti-inflammatory agents. The drug acts by blocking certain inflammatory mediators, which are responsible for pain and inflammation.
How to use NEPALACT Eye Drops eye drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use NEPALACT Eye Drops eye drops as prescribed by your doctor.
Instil one or two drops of NEPALACT Eye Drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
If you miss a dose of NEPALACT Eye Drops, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with NEPALACT Eye Drops?
Drugs that interact with NEPALACT Eye Drops include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of NEPALACT Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of NEPALACT Eye Drops:
- Swelling of face
- Severe Dizziness
- Eye pain
- Sensitivity to light
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble breathing
- Eye swelling
- Decreased vision
- Eye discharge
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using NEPALACT Eye Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to NEPALACT Eye Drops or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of NEPALACT Eye Drops.
- Do not use this medication for longer than 14 days after your surgery without doctor’s advice.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if NEPALACT Eye Drops causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Be cautious while taking NEPALACT Eye Drops if you have aspirin-sensitive asthma.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to use NEPALACT Eye Drops if:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using NEPALACT Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of bleeding problems, previous eye surgery, other eye problems, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis and nasal polyps.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about NEPALACT Eye Drops
- How should NEPALACT Eye Drops be stored?
- Can I stop using NEPALACT Eye Drops if I am feeling better?
- What are the contraindications of NEPALACT Eye Drops?
Store NEPALACT Eye Drops eye drops in a well-closed container at room temperature (15°– 30°C), away from excess heat and moisture.
No, it is advised not to stop using NEPALACT Eye Drops without doctor’s consent. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
NEPALACT Eye Drops is contraindicated in patients with asthma.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.