NEMOCID Suspension 10ml
By IPCA LABORATORIES LTD Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is NEMOCID Suspension used for?
NEMOCID Suspension is used for the treatment of worm infections caused due to ringworms, pinworms and hookworms in the gut.
NEMOCID Suspension may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NEMOCID Suspension work?
NEMOCID Suspension belongs to the class of drugs called anthelmintic drugs. The drug is a neuromuscular blocking agent that releases acetylcholine, which causes the paralysis of the worms and eases their elimination from the gut.
How to take NEMOCID Suspension?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take NEMOCID Suspension as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Shake the syrup well before using each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug.
If you miss a dose of NEMOCID Suspension, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of NEMOCID Suspension may include:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Muscle twitching
- Severe muscle spasms
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with NEMOCID Suspension?
Consult the doctor to know the potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of NEMOCID Suspension?
The following are the most common side effects of NEMOCID Suspension:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Severe diarrhoea
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking NEMOCID Suspension?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to NEMOCID Suspension or similar drugs.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with NEMOCID Suspension.
- Use a measuring cup while taking each dose of suspension.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to use NEMOCID Suspension if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using NEMOCID Suspension?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of gastric ulcers, gastrointestinal perforation or constipation.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of NEMOCID Suspension.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about NEMOCID Suspension
- I am on NEMOCID Suspension. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of NEMOCID Suspension?
Do not alter the dose of NEMOCID Suspension without consulting the doctor. A change in the dose may turn to be ineffective to treat helminthic infections.4.What is the maximum dose of NEMOCID Suspension?
The maximum dose of NEMOCID Suspension is 1 gm/day. Do not exceed the dose unless recommended by the doctor.
Yes, you can stop the use of NEMOCID Suspension medicine once you feel better. However, it advised to discontinue the medicine only when recommended by the doctor.2.Is it necessary to take a laxative with NEMOCID Suspension?
No, you can take NEMOCID Suspension alone for effective elimination of the worms from the gut.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.