What is MYOSPAZ Tablet used for?
MYOSPAZ Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of pain.
MYOSPAZ Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MYOSPAZ Tablet work?
In MYOSPAZ Tablet, Chlorzoxazone belongs to the class of drugs called muscle relaxants. This drug acts by inhibiting certain spinal cord and brain refluxes, thereby helping in the reduction of muscle spasm and pain.
Paracetamol belongs to the class of drugs called analgesics. This drug acts by blocking pain impulse generation. Thus, it helps in pain reduction.
How to take MYOSPAZ Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MYOSPAZ Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of MYOSPAZ Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with MYOSPAZ Tablet?
Drugs that interact with MYOSPAZ Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MYOSPAZ Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of MYOSPAZ Tablet:
- Skin rash
- Stomach pain
- Abdominal distress
- Trouble breathing
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Loss of appetite
- Tightness in the chest
- Unusual tiredness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking MYOSPAZ Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to MYOSPAZ Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of MYOSPAZ Tablet.
- Avoid MYOSPAZ Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take MYOSPAZ Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MYOSPAZ Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver disorder.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about MYOSPAZ Tablet
- Is it common to experience diarrhoea while taking MYOSPAZ Tablet?
- Can I use ketoconazole while taking MYOSPAZ Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of MYOSPAZ Tablet?
No. Diarrhoea is a side effect of MYOSPAZ Tablet. If you experience diarrhoea while MYOSPAZ Tablet, consult your doctor immediately.
No. It is not advisable to use ketoconazole while taking MYOSPAZ Tablet, as these drugs interact and cause unwanted side effects.
No. It is unsafe to alter the dose of the MYOSPAZ Tablet. It is advisable to consult the doctor before altering the dose.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.