MYORIL 4MG CAPSULE 10'S
By SANOFI INDIA LIMITED Prescription Needed
*Cashback validity: 31 days
*Cashback validity: 365 days
No top brand available
|Available substitute||9 substitute/s available|
Rs.118.50 (27% Savings)
Rs.120.00 (26% Savings)
Rs.123.00 (24% Savings)
Rs.130.00 (20% Savings)
Rs.132.00 (19% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Thiocolchicoside used for?
Thiocolchicoside is used for the treatment of muscle spasms.
Thiocolchicoside may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Thiocolchicoside work?
Thiocolchicoside belongs to the class of drugs called muscle relaxants. It helps in preventing muscle contractions by binding to the GABA receptor and activating the GABAergic inhibitory motor pathway. It also possesses anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
How to use Thiocolchicoside?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take Thiocolchicoside with or without food.
- Apply a thin layer of Thiocolchicoside cream on the affected area and rub it gently.
- Thiocolchicoside injection should be administered only under the supervision of a healthcare provider. Do not self-medicate.
If you miss a dose of Thiocolchicoside, please consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with Thiocolchicoside?
Please consult your doctor to know about the possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Thiocolchicoside?
The following are the most common side effects of Thiocolchicoside capsule/tablet/injection:
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using Thiocolchicoside?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Thiocolchicoside
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of Thiocolchicoside.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Thiocolchicoside causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of lips, throat or tongue.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
What should you tell your doctor before using Thiocolchicoside?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to Thiocolchicoside.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing depression, liver or heart diseases.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions about Thiocolchicoside
- Is it safe to use Thiocolchicoside with a history of seizures?
- For how long is Thiocolchicoside usually prescribed?
- What are the contraindications of Thiocolchicoside?
Use of Thiocolchicoside may cause seizures. Therefore, it is not advisable to use the drug in people with a history of seizures. However, please consult your doctor.
The duration of the treatment depends on the severity of the condition. Therefore, please consult your doctor.
The contraindications of Thiocolchicoside include hypersensitivity and diabetes. You must inform the doctor about your medical history before using the drug.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.