MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule 10's
By Cadila Healthcare Ltd (Zydus) Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule used for?
MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule is used for the treatment of sickle-cell anaemia and certain types of cancers, such as ovarian cancer, skin cancer and leukaemia. It is also used to relieve pain during blood transfusion in patients suffering from sickle-cell anaemia.
MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule work?
MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called anti-cancer drugs. The drug acts by inhibiting the DNA synthesis of the tumour cell. Thus, it prevents the growth and spread of cancerous cells.
How to take MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the capsule whole. Do not chew or open the capsule.
If you miss a dose of MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule may include:
- Swelling of hands and feet
- Scaling of hands
What are the drugs that interact with MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule:
- Decreased appetite
- Mouth ulcers
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Skin disorders
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule?
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule.
- Be cautious while taking MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule.
You are advised not to take MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of decreased immunity or blood disorders or skin disorders before taking MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule medicine.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have to undergo any surgery or medical procedure while on MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule medication.
Frequently Asked Questions about MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule
- How should MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule be stored?
- I am on MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule for sickle-cell anaemia. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Can I give MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule to my 10-year-old child?
- Does MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule affect thinking ability?
- Can I receive any vaccination while on MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule medication?
Store MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule in a cool and dry place or at room temperature below 25?C. Keep the medicine away from heat and sunlight.
It is advised to consult your doctor before discontinuing the use of MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule even if you feel better.
Yes, if prescribed. The safe and effective use of MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule in children has been established.
Yes, you may experience difficulty in focussing and thinking while on MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule medicine.
No, vaccinations are not recommended while on MYELOSTAT 500mg Capsule medication. Please consult your doctor before receiving any vaccination.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.