MYCEPT 500mg Tablet 10's
By Panacea Biotec Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
|Out of stock|
Rs.619.60 (20% Savings)
Rs.626.99 (19% Savings)
Rs.631.80 (19% Savings)
Rs.680.00 (13% Savings)
Rs.688.66 (11% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is MYCEPT 500mg Tablet used for?
MYCEPT 500mg Tablet is used to protect the organ from rejection after an organ transplant.
MYCEPT 500mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MYCEPT 500mg Tablet work?
MYCEPT 500mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called immunosuppressants. It helps in preventing the rejection of transplanted organ by suppressing the activity of the body’s immune system.
How to take MYCEPT 500mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MYCEPT 500mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take MYCEPT 500mg Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of MYCEPT 500mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with MYCEPT 500mg Tablet?
The drugs that interact with MYCEPT 500mg Tablet are:
- Polio vaccine
- Rotavirus vaccine
- Rubella vaccine
- Smallpox vaccine
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MYCEPT 500mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of MYCEPT 500mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Stomach upset
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased blood pressure
- Trouble sleeping
- Severe headache
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking MYCEPT 500mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on MYCEPT 500mg Tablet
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if MYCEPT 500mg Tablet causes dizziness.
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of lips, throat and tongue.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly stopping the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of MYCEPT 500mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take MYCEPT 500mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MYCEPT 500mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to MYCEPT 500mg Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing heart problems such as hypertension, heart attack and heart failure.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about MYCEPT 500mg Tablet
- Does MYCEPT 500mg Tablet cause skin cancer?
- Does MYCEPT 500mg Tablet require any dietary precautions to be followed?
- How should MYCEPT 500mg Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to take Fluoxetine while on MYCEPT 500mg Tablet?
- How long can I take MYCEPT 500mg Tablet?
Yes, MYCEPT 500mg Tablet may increase the risk of developing certain types of skin cancers. Therefore, wear protective clothing when you step out in the sun. Also, please consult your doctor before taking the medicine.
Follow a diet rich in fibre as MYCEPT 500mg Tablet causes constipation.
MYCEPT 500mg Tablet is stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
No, it is not advisable to take anti-depressants, such as Fluoxetine while on MYCEPT 500mg Tablet. However, please consult your doctor.
MYCEPT 500mg Tablet should be used for the prescribed duration. Do not discontinue unless instructed by your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.