MUPIMET Ointment 5gm
By Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is MUPIMET Ointment used for?
MUPIMET Ointment is used in the treatment of certain bacterial skin infections, such as impetigo and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
MUPIMET Ointment may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MUPIMET Ointment work?
MUPIMET Ointment belongs to the class of drugs called anti-bacterial agents. This drug acts by preventing certain bacterial enzymes, which results in inhibiting the bacterial protein synthesis. Thus, it prevents the growth of the bacteria.
How to use MUPIMET Ointment?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Apply a thin layer of cream/ointment on the affected area and rub it gently.
- For powder form, apply enough powder to lightly coat the affected area.
If you miss a dose of MUPIMET Ointment, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with MUPIMET Ointment?
Consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MUPIMET Ointment?
The following are the most common side effects of MUPIMET Ointment:
- Peeling of skin
- Skin rash
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe burning or tingling sensation
- Severe skin irritation
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using MUPIMET Ointment?
- Seek doctor’s advice before using any other drug or herbal products while on MUPIMET Ointment
- Keep the medicine away from children.
- Do not apply any cream on the moist skin. Wash and dry the affected area and apply the cream.
- Do not apply the cream on injured or bruised area.
What should you tell your doctor before using MUPIMET Ointment?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to MUPIMET Ointment.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing depression, liver or heart diseases.
Frequently Asked questions about MUPIMET Ointment
- Can I use MUPIMET Ointment to treat eczema?
- What are the overdose symptoms of MUPIMET Ointment?
- Can I use a larger dose of MUPIMET Ointment for faster recovery?
- Can I recommend MUPIMET Ointment to a person suffering from the same condition?
- Is it common to develop blisters at the site of infection while using MUPIMET Ointment?
MUPIMET Ointment is used in the treatment of certain bacterial infections. It does not treat fungal infection, such as eczema.
The overdose symptoms of MUPIMET Ointment are redness, burning sensation, inflammation and rash. Consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
No, do not exceed the prescribed dosage. Use of larger doses of MUPIMET Ointment may result in severe skin irritation.
No, it is not advisable to recommend any drug even to a person suffering from the same condition as the severity of infection may not be the same for every individual. Do not recommend any drug without the doctor’s consent.
No, MUPIMET Ointment usually does not cause blisters. However, immediately consult your doctor if you develop any blisters on the skin.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.