Muout powder is a laxative used to treat constipation. It increases the amount of water in the stool, so that bowel movements become easier and more frequent. It is known as an osmotic-type laxative. Constipation is infrequent bowel movements or difficult passage of stools that persists for several weeks or longer. It is generally described as having fewer than three bowel movements a week.
Muout powder contains polyethylene glycol which works by holding water in the stool to soften the stool and increases the number of bowel movements. It may take 2 to 4 days to work after you have started this medication to have a bowel movement. Do not increase your dose or take it more frequently than prescribed. Also, do not use this medication for more than 2 weeks unless directed by your doctor. Do not take this medicine before consulting with your doctor if you have kidney disease, eating disorder (anorexia or bulimia), ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome or stomach pain.
Key Composition of Muout powder:
Therapeutic uses of Muout powder:
- Used to treat constipation
Side effects of Muout powder:
Muout powder may cause certain side effects like diarrhea, bloating, gas or stomach upset, although not everybody gets them. Check with your health care professional if you notice any unusual effects while you are taking it.
How to manage side effects:
Bloating or wind:
Eat smaller and more frequent meals, eat and drink slowly, and exercise regularly. If the symptoms get worse, contact your doctor straight away.
Drink lots of fluids, such as water or squash, to avoid dehydration. Do not take any other medicines to treat diarrhea without speaking to a doctor.
Try to rest and relax. You can also eat and drink slowly or have smaller and more frequent meals.
- Add one measuring spoon full of Muout powder to a glass of water (60-120ml).
- Stir briskly and consume the contents immediately.
- It can take 2 to 4 days to have a bowel movement and to experience improvement in constipation.
- Do not use this medicine for more than 2 weeks without advice from your doctor or healthcare professional.
- Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to polyethylene glycol 3350.
- Do not take this medicine before consulting with your doctor if you have kidney disease, eating disorder (anorexia or bulimia), ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome or stomach pain.
- Muout powder should be used with caution in pregnant or breastfeeding women. Consult your doctor before taking.
- Do not use this medicine in children below 8 years of age without consulting your doctor.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you use, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, and herbal supplements.
- Keep this medicine out of reach of children
- Store in a cool and dry place at a temperature not exceeding 30°C
Can Muout powder be taken with milk?
Add one measuring spoon full of Muout powder to a glass of water (60-120ml). Stir briskly and consume the contents immediately. Currently, there is no enough studies to suggest whether polyethylene glycol can be taken with milk or not.
Does Muout powder cause diarrhea?
Muout powder may cause certain side effects like diarrhea. To manage diarrhea, drink lots of fluids, such as water or squash, to avoid dehydration. Do not take any other medicines to treat diarrhea without speaking to a doctor.
Does Muout powder contains alcohol?
No! Muout powder does not contain alcohol.