What is MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops used for?
MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops is used to decrease the swelling, redness, and pain in the eye.
MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops work?
In MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops, Loteprednol belongs to the class of drugs called ophthalmic corticosteroids. This drug acts by inhibiting the inflammation by inducing the production of lipocortin, which controls the inflammatory activity of prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Therefore, it helps in reducing the inflammation.
Moxifloxacin belongs to the class of drugs called fluoroquinolone antibiotics. It acts by inhibiting certain enzymes that are responsible for the partitioning the chromosomal DNA during bacterial cell division. Thus, it inhibits the multiplication and propagation of bacteria that is responsible for inflammation.
How to use MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops as prescribed by your doctor.
- Before using MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops, wash your eyes and hands. Instil 2 or 3 drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye.
- Keep the eyes closed for at least 10 mins after instilling MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops eye drops.
- To prevent contamination, do not touch the applicator tip to the eye surface. Keep the container closed.
What are the drugs that interact with MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops?
Drugs that interact with MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops include the following:
- Smallpox vaccine
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops:
- Eye discomfort or pain
- Dry eyes
- Watery eyes
- Burning sensation
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
- Redness of eye
- Swelling of eye
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops causes blurred vision.
- Do not stop using MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
You are advised not to use MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of ocular infections or ocular toxicities.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
Frequently Asked Questions about MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops
- Is it safe to use MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops for a prolonged duration?
- How should MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops be stored?
- How long can I use MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops?
- Should I be monitored for any parameters while on MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops?
No, prolonged use of MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops may result in glaucoma. Thus, it is not advised to prolong the use of MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops.
MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops should be stored at controlled room temperature (20 – 30OC). Do not freeze.
It is advised to use MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops for the prescribed duration. Please consult your doctor if you have to discontinue MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops medication.
No, altering the dose of MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops is not advised. MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops dose should be used as prescribed.
Yes, it is advised to monitor intraocular pressure, if MOXIGRAM LX Eye Drops is prescribed for more than 10 days.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.