MONTEK LC Tablet 10's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.55.00 (59% Savings)
Rs.86.00 (37% Savings)
Rs.87.00 (36% Savings)
Rs.93.40 (31% Savings)
Rs.94.50 (31% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is MONTEK LC Tablet used for?
MONTEK LC Tablet is used for the treatment of chronic urticaria, rhinitis and obstructive airway diseases. It is also used to reduce asthma attacks and prevent breathing problems.
MONTEK LC Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MONTEK LC Tablet work?
In MONTEK LC Tablet, Levocetirizine belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamines. This drug acts by inhibiting the activity at H1receptor sites. Thus, decreasing the flares associated with chronic urticaria.
Montelukast belongs to the class of drugs called oral leukotriene receptor antagonists. This drug acts by inhibiting the action of selective cysteinyl leukotrienes in the airway passages. Thus, it helps in preventing airway oedema and enhancing the secretion of viscous mucus.
How to take MONTEK LC Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MONTEK LC Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take MONTEK LC Tablet with or without food. For syrup dosage form, shake the suspension well before taking the each dose.
If you miss a dose of MONTEK LC Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of MONTEK LC Tablet combination may include:
- Severe drowsiness
What are the drugs that interact with MONTEK LC Tablet?
Drugs that interact with MONTEK LC Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MONTEK LC Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of MONTEK LC Tablet:
- Sore throat
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty in urinating
- Trouble breathing
- Allergic reactions
- Swelling on face
- Flu-like symptoms
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using MONTEK LC Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MONTEK LC Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the drug causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of MONTEK LC Tablet.
- Keep the medicine away from the reach of children.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on MONTEK LC Tablet.
You are advised not to take MONTEK LC Tabletif
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using MONTEK LC Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about MONTEK LC Tablet
- How should MONTEK LC Tablet be stored?
- Can I give MONTEK LC Tablet to my 8-year-old child?
- Can I share MONTEK LC Tablet with others?
- What are the other formulations of MONTEK LC Tablet available?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of MONTEK LC Tablet?
MONTEK LC Tablet should be stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC, away from light, heat and moisture.
Yes, use the drug in children only when prescribed. Be cautious while using MONTEK LC Tablet in children below 10 years of age as it can result in symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhoea, or constipation.
No. Do not share or suggest MONTEK LC Tablet medicine to others. It should be taken only when prescribed by the doctor.
MONTEK LC Tablet is available in tablet and syrup dosage forms.
No, altering the dose of MONTEK LC Tablet is not advised.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.