What is MISOPT Eye Drops used for?
MISOPT Eye Drops eye drops are used for the treatment of glaucoma and ocular hypertension.
MISOPT Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MISOPT Eye Drops work?
In MISOPT Eye Drops, Dorzolamide belongs to the class of drugs called carbonic anhydrase inhibitors. The drug acts by inhibiting carbonic anhydrase in the central nervous system, thereby, decreasing the production of aqueous humour. This slows down the formation of bicarbonate ions and gradually reduces sodium and fluid transport, which facilitate the reduction of intraocular pressure.
Timolol belongs to the class of drugs called beta-blockers. The drug acts by reducing the secretion of aqueous humour by increasing the peripheral vascular resistance. Thus, lowers the risk of optic nerve damage in patients with glaucoma.
How to use MISOPT Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use MISOPT Eye Drops eye drops as prescribed by your doctor.
- Instil one or two eye drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
If you miss a dose of MISOPT Eye Drops, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of MISOPT Eye Drops include the following:
- Muscle pain
- Irregular heart rate
- Chest pain
What are the drugs that interact with MISOPT Eye Drops?
Drugs that interact with MISOPT Eye Drops include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MISOPT Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of MISOPT Eye Drops:
- Burning of eyes
- Blurred vision
- Redness of the eye
- Stinging of the eye
- Dry eye
- Watery eyes
- Change in taste
- Sensitivity to light
- Eye tearing
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Persistent redness of the eye
- Discharge from the eyes
- Swelling of the eye or eyelid
- Severe eye pain
- Persistent dizziness
- Constant eye irritation
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using MISOPT Eye Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MISOPT Eye Drops or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if MISOPT Eye Drops causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- If you have to use more than one drug, leave a gap of 5 to 10 minutes before you instil other eye drops.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid using MISOPT Eye Drops eye drops if the contents of the bottle have particles or change in the colour of the solution.
You are advised not to use MISOPT Eye Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using MISOPT Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, heart or lung diseases, such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have diabetes, muscle weakness disorder or an overactive thyroid.
- Tell the doctor if you have undergone any surgical procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions about MISOPT Eye Drops
- Is it safe to use MISOPT Eye Drops medicine while using other eye drops?
- Is it safe to use MISOPT Eye Drops eye drops during pregnancy?
- How should MISOPT Eye Drops be stored?
- Is it safe to instil MISOPT Eye Drops eye drops while wearing contact lenses?
Consult your doctor before using MISOPT Eye Drops eye drops along with any other topical ophthalmic medication.
Consult your doctor to discuss the potential risks and benefits of MISOPT Eye Drops during pregnancy.
MISOPT Eye Drops eye drops should be stored at room temperature (15-30°C) away from light and moisture. Keep the lid of the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
It is advisable to avoid using MISOPT Eye Drops while using contact lenses as it may cause eye irritation.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.