MICRODOX LBX Capsule 10's
By Micro Labs Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is MICRODOX LBX Capsule used for?
MICRODOX LBX Capsule capsule is used for the treatment of diarrhoea and certain bacterial infections.
MICRODOX LBX Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MICRODOX LBX Capsule work?
In MICRODOX LBX Capsule, Doxycycline belongs to the class of drugs called tetracycline antibiotics. The drug acts by interfering with the bacterial protein synthesis by binding to ribosomal subunits. Thus, it prevents the growth of bacteria.
Lactic acid is a probiotic that acts by normalising gastrointestinal flora and enhances the process of digestion.
How to take MICRODOX LBX Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MICRODOX LBX Capsule capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the capsule Do not crush or tear open the capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of MICRODOX LBX Capsule, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with MICRODOX LBX Capsule?
Drugs that interact with MICRODOX LBX Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MICRODOX LBX Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of MICRODOX LBX Capsule:
- Increased thirst
- Common cold
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Vision changes
- Severe headache
- Decreased vision
- Stomach cramps
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking MICRODOX LBX Capsule?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to MICRODOX LBX Capsule or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of MICRODOX LBX Capsule.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if MICRODOX LBX Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid MICRODOX LBX Capsule during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take MICRODOX LBX Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MICRODOX LBX Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about MICRODOX LBX Capsule
- How should MICRODOX LBX Capsule be stored?
- Should I follow any dietary restrictions while taking MICRODOX LBX Capsule?
- Is it safe to receive cholera vaccine while taking MICRODOX LBX Capsule?
MICRODOX LBX Capsule should be stored at room temperature (15-30°C) away from heat, light and moisture.
It is advised to avoid spicy food, raw vegetables, milk and other dairy products while taking MICRODOX LBX Capsule.
No. It is advised not to receive cholera vaccine while taking MICRODOX LBX Capsule, as it reduces the effect of vaccine. However, please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.