What is METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet used for?
METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension.
METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet work?
In METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet, S-Metoprolol belongs to the class of drugs called anti-hypertensive drugs. This drug acts on certain receptors of the heart to decrease the heart rate and cardiac output.
Telmisartan belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin receptor blockers. It works by relaxing blood vessels, which lowers the blood pressure. Thus, it reduces the workload of the heart.
How to take METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet include the following:
- Potassium phosphate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Trouble sleeping
- Back pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
- Unusual tiredness
- Increased heartbeat
- Painful urination
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while taking METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid taking the drug if you are pregnant as the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to take METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart diseases, diabetes, thyroid disorder and bleeding disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet
- How should METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet?
- Can I alter the dose of METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet?
METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet must be stored at room temperature away from sunlight.
Yes, it is advised to monitor blood pressure regularly while taking METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet.
No, it is not advised to alter the dose of METPURE TEL 20mg Tablet as it may cause severe side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.