What is MESACOL?
- MESACOL contains Mesalazine which is an a class of medications called anti-inflammatory agents
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine, if you:
- are allergic (hypersensitive) to any of the ingredients in the product or any other salicylates
- have severe liver or kidney problem
- have or have had heart-related allergic reactions, such as inflammation of the heart muscle (myocarditis) or inflammation of the lining of the heart (pericarditis)
- have any other medical conditions
- If think you might be pregnant or are breast-feeding, since MESACOL crosses the placenta in pregnancy and is excreted in breast milk in small quantities. You should ask your doctor for advice about taking this medicine in these circumstances
- Always take MESACOL exactly as your doctor has told you
- Take MESACOL on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before and 2 hours after a meal
- Swallow MESACOL whole. Do not cut, break or chew the tablet
- Intact, partially intact, and/or tablet shells have been reported in the stool. Instruct patients to contact their physician if this occurs repeatedly
If you take more MESACOL
- If you take too much medicine, tell your doctor immediately or go to your nearest hospital
If you forget to take MESACOL
- Take it as soon as you remember and continue taking your tablet as before
- Do not take two doses together
- If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and carry on as before
If you stop taking MESACOL
- Keep taking MESACOL for as long as your doctor tells you
Like all medicines, MESACOL can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.