MAINTANE 250mg Injection 1ml
By Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is MAINTANE 250mg Injection used for?
MAINTANE 250mg Injection is used for the treatment of uterine bleeding, hormonal imbalance and recurrent miscarriage.
MAINTANE 250mg Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MAINTANE 250mg Injection work?
MAINTANE 250mg Injection is a hormone, which acts by releasing progesterone hormone in the body. This drug prevents uterine bleeding, delays menopause, and promotes growth and development of the foetus.
How to use MAINTANE 250mg Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
MAINTANE 250mg Injection injection should be administered by the healthcare provider.
If you miss a dose of MAINTANE 250mg Injection , consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with MAINTANE 250mg Injection ?
Drugs that interact with MAINTANE 250mg Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MAINTANE 250mg Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of MAINTANE 250mg Injection :
- Difficulty in urination
- Flu-like symptoms
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Lumps in the breast
- Redness or inflammation of the breast
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving MAINTANE 250mg Injection ?
- Avoid the drug if you are allergic to MAINTANE 250mg Injection or related drugs.
- Avoid MAINTANE 250mg Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving MAINTANE 250mg Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of unexplained vaginal bleeding, cysts, lumps or fibroids in the breast or the uterus.
- Inform your doctor if you have to undergo any surgery while on MAINTANE 250mg Injection medication.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about MAINTANE 250mg Injection
- How should MAINTANE 250mg Injection be stored?
- What are the other formulations of MAINTANE 250mg Injection available?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of MAINTANE 250mg Injection ?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while receiving MAINTANE 250mg Injection ?
MAINTANE 250mg Injection injection should be stored at room temperature (15 - 30°C). Store the drug away from direct sunlight.
Apart from injection dosage form, MAINTANE 250mg Injection medicine is also available in tablet and syrup dosage forms.
Avoid changing the dose of the drug without consulting the doctor as it may increase the risk of side effects.
Yes, you must monitor your progesterone and oestrogen levels while receiving MAINTANE 250mg Injection medicine.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.