MACPRED 8mg Tablet 10's
By Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is MACPRED 8mg Tablet used for?
MACPRED 8mg Tablet is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Ulcerative colitis
- Allergic disorders
- Endocrine disorders
- Skin conditions
- Eye conditions
- Blood cell disorder
- Lung disorders
- Nervous disorders
- Stomach disorders
MACPRED 8mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MACPRED 8mg Tablet work?
MACPRED 8mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroids. This drug acts by interfering with the inflammatory mediators and suppresses the humoral immune response. They mainly act on the potent mediators of inflammation, which control the biosynthesis.
How to use MACPRED 8mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- MACPRED 8mg Tablet injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of MACPRED 8mg Tablet, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of MACPRED 8mg Tablet may include:
- Severe headache
- Severe dizziness
- Shallow breathing
- Numbness of arms and legs
What are the drugs that interact with MACPRED 8mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with MACPRED 8mg Tablet include the following:
- Mumps virus vaccine
- Small pox virus
- Yellow fever vaccine
- Zoster vaccine live
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MACPRED 8mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of MACPRED 8mg Tablet:
- Trouble breathing
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Mood changes
- Mental depression
- Weight gain
- Shortness of breath
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using MACPRED 8mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MACPRED 8mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Be cautious while using MACPRED 8mg Tablet, if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Consult the doctor before using any other drug along with MACPRED 8mg Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to use MACPRED 8mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using MACPRED 8mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of bleeding disorders, kidney and liver problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about MACPRED 8mg Tablet
- Can I receive any vaccine while on MACPRED 8mg Tablet?
- Can I consume grapefruit juice when using MACPRED 8mg Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of MACPRED 8mg Tablet?
- What are the other formulations of MACPRED 8mg Tablet available?
You should not receive any vaccinations while on MACPRED 8mg Tablet. Consult your doctor for further information.
No. Do not consume either grape fruit or grape juice while on MACPRED 8mg Tablet.
Contraindications of MACPRED 8mg Tablet include untreated tuberculosis, hypothyroidism, diabetes, chronic heart failure, high blood sugars, and untreated systemic fungal infections.
MACPRED 8mg Tablet is available as an injectable powder, oral tablet, injectable suspension, and compounding powder.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.