What is M CIN Injection used for?
M CIN Injection tablet/injection is used for the treatment of different bacterial infections of the skin, sinuses, lung and stomach.
M CIN Injection eye drops are used for the treatment of bacterial conjunctivitis.
M CIN Injection ear drops are used to treat bacterial infections of the ear.
M CIN Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does M CIN Injection work?
M CIN Injection belongs to the class of drugs called as the fluoroquinolone antibiotics. This drug works by killing the bacteria and by inhibiting the bacterial cell division.
How to use M CIN Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use M CIN Injection as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- M CIN Injection injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
- Instill one or two drops of M CIN Injection eye drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
- Instill the correct number of drops into the ear and remain lying down for 10 to 15 minutes.
If you miss a dose of M CIN Injection , please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with M CIN Injection ?
Drugs that interact with M CIN Injection tablet/injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of M CIN Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of M CIN Injection tablet/injection:
- Impaired vision
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Hearing loss
- Stomach cramps
- Bleeding gums
- Black-coloured stools
- Bone pain
- Dark-coloured urine
- Loss of appetite
The following are the most common side effects of M CIN Injection eye drops:
- Blurred vision
- Watery eyes
- Eye dryness
- Foreign body sensation in eyes
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using M CIN Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to M CIN Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while using M CIN Injection if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
What should you tell your doctor before using M CIN Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of sepsis, kidney and heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about M CIN Injection
- What are the contraindications of M CIN Injection tablet?
- What are the overdose symptoms of M CIN Injection injection?
- Is it safe to use M CIN Injection if I have a history of hypokalaemia?
- Is it safe to use M CIN Injection in patients with myasthenia gravis?
Contraindications of M CIN Injection tablet include very rapid heartbeat, hepatitis caused by drugs, abnormal heart rhythm, myasthenia gravis, lung transplant, heart transplant and kidney transplant.
Overdose symptoms of M CIN Injection include tremors, nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting and seizures.
It is not recommended to use M CIN Injection if you have a history of hypokalaemia (decreased potassium levels). Please consult your doctor.
M CIN Injection is not recommended in patients with myasthenia gravis, as it can cause severe breathing problem. Please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.