LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet 10's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet used for?
LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet is used in the treatment of hypertension.
LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet work?
LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called calcium channel blockers. It works by inhibiting the influx of extracellular calcium across the myocardial and vascular smooth muscle cell membranes. This helps in the dilation of coronary and systemic arteries and reduces the blood pressure.
How to take LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet:
- Muscle pain
- Swollen ankles or wrists
- Fast heartbeat
- Mild swelling of the gum
- Increased urinary frequency
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while taking LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet if you have any liver or kidney impairment.
You are advised not to take LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have had a pacemaker implant.
- Inform the doctor if you have liver or kidney problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet
- Does LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet interfere with laboratory tests?
- How should LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet?
- Should I follow any dietary recommendations while using LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet?
Use of LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet may cause alteration in the results of liver function tests. You must consult your doctor before undergoing any tests.
Store the drug at room temperature and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
Yes. Blood pressure of the patient should be monitored while taking LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet.
You must avoid taking grapefruit or grapefruit juice while using LOTENSYL 10mg Tablet. Consult your doctor for further information.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.