Rs.14.95 (27% Savings)
Rs.19.29 (6% Savings)
Rs.20.05 (3% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is LOPARET Tablet used for?
LOPARET Tablet is used for the treatment of diarrhoea. It can also be used to treat following conditions:
- Inflammatory bowel syndrome
- Short bowel syndrome
LOPARET Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LOPARET Tablet work?
LOPARET Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-diarrhoeal drugs. The drug acts by inhibiting the peristaltic activity on the circular and longitudinal muscles of the intestinal wall. It inhibits fluid and electrolyte secretion and stimulates the absorption of salts and water.
How to take LOPARET Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take LOPARET Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. LOPARET Tablet can be taken with food or without food.
If you miss a dose of LOPARET Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of LOPARET Tablet may include:
- Difficult urination
- Severe dizziness
- Decreased breathing
What are the drugs that interact with LOPARET Tablet?
Drugs that interact with LOPARET Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LOPARET Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of LOPARET Tablet:
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Abdominal pain
- Severe dizziness
- Uncomfortable fullness of abdomen
- Stomach pain
- Irregular heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking LOPARET Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LOPARET Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid alcohol as it may alter the absorption of LOPARET Tablet.
- Do not take LOPARET Tablet while using other antibiotic medications.
You are advised not to take LOPARET Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LOPARET Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor before if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about LOPARET Tablet
- How should LOPARET Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to use LOPARET Tablet while having phenylketonuria?
- Can I use LOPARET Tablet if I have a history of intestinal infection?
- Can LOPARET Tablet be used along with diuretic drugs?
LOPARET Tablet should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and moisture. Keep the medication away from the reach of the children.
Consult your doctor before using the drug LOPARET Tablet while having phenylketonuria.
Avoid taking LOPARET Tablet without consulting a doctor if you have any history of intestinal infection.
Be cautious while taking LOPARET Tablet along with diuretic medications, as it can increase the risk of side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.