LIPOCUT 120MG CAPSULE 10'S
By LUPIN LTD Prescription Needed
*Cashback validity: 31 days
*Cashback validity: 365 days
|Available substitute||9 substitute/s available|
Rs.335.00 (32% Savings)
Rs.417.60 (15% Savings)
Rs.430.00 (12% Savings)
Rs.455.20 (7% Savings)
Rs.456.22 (7% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Orlistat used for?
Orlistat is used for obesity management.
Orlistat may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Orlistat work?
Orlistat belongs to the class of drugs called anti-obesity agents. This drug acts by inhibiting the absorption of dietary fats in the stomach and small intestine. Thus, it prevents the hydrolysis of dietary fats and helps in preventing weight gain.
How to take Orlistat?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Orlistat as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the capsule. Take Orlistat immediately before a meal or at least one hour after the meal. If you skip a meal or your meal contains no fat, then the dose can be omitted.
If you miss a dose of Orlistat, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Orlistat?
Drugs that interact with Orlistat include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Orlistat?
The following are the most common side effects of Orlistat:
- Fatty/oily stools
- Faecal urgency
- Rectal bleeding
- Menstrual irregularities
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe nausea
- Severe vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Dark urine
- Back pain
- Painful urination
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Orlistat?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Orlistat or similar drugs.
- Avoid Orlistat during pregnancy or breastfeeding as the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take Orlistat if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Orlistat?
- Tell your doctor if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, such as diabetes, gallbladder problems, underactive thyroid gland, HIV infections, seizures, liver or kidney-related diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions about Orlistat
- How should Orlistat be stored?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking Orlistat?
- How can I increase the effectiveness of Orlistat?
- What are the contraindications of Orlistat?
Orlistat should be stored at 25O C away from sunlight, heat and radiation.
Yes, it is advised to avoid high-fat diet while taking Orlistat.
The effectiveness of Orlistat can be increased by regular exercise and low-fat diet plan.
Orlistat is contraindicated in patients with chronic malabsorption syndrome, gallbladder stones, pregnancy and lactation.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.