LEVESAM Solution 100ml
Rs.321.29 (9% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is LEVESAM Solution used for?
LEVESAM Solution is used in the treatment of epilepsy. It is used to treat the following types of seizures:
- Myoclonic seizures
- Partial onset seizure
- Refractory seizure disorders
LEVESAM Solution may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LEVESAM Solution work?
LEVESAM Solution belongs to the class of drugs called anti-convulsants. It acts as a neuromodulator and works by binding to a synaptic vesicle glycoprotein. This inhibits pre-synaptic calcium channels and reduces the neurotransmitter release.
How to take LEVESAM Solution?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take LEVESAM Solution as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of LEVESAM Solution, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What special precautions should be followed while using LEVESAM Solution?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LEVESAM Solution or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on LEVESAM Solution.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may further worsen the side effects of LEVESAM Solution.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Avoid LEVESAM Solution during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to take LEVESAM Solution if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before using LEVESAM Solution?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of blood vessel problems, heart problems, mental or mood problems, kidney disease, depression, mood problems, or suicidal thoughts.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about LEVESAM Solution
- Can I drink carbonated drinks while on LEVESAM Solution?
- Should I be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking LEVESAM Solution?
- What are the other formulations available for LEVESAM Solution?
- How long can I take LEVESAM Solution?
No. Do not drink carbonated drinks while on LEVESAM Solution, as these drinks contain caffeine, which can interact with the drug and can cause complications.
Yes. Kidney function test should be performed on a regular basis while taking LEVESAM Solution.
LEVESAM Solution medicine is available as tablet, injection, and syrup.
LEVESAM Solution medicine should be taken according to the dosage prescribed by your doctor. Do not overuse or misuse the medicine.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.