What is LACTOGUT Capsule used for combination?
LACTOGUT Capsule combination is used to
- improve digestion
- lower the risk of cardiovascular disease
- strengthen the immune system
- increase the good bacteria in the gut and decrease pathogenic bacteria
- lower the risk of weight gain
- treat infectious diarrhoea
LACTOGUT Capsule combination may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LACTOGUT Capsule combination work?
In LACTOGUT Capsule combination, Probiotics are the live bacteria that maintain the intestinal microbial balance by increasing the growth of good bacteria in the gut.
Prebiotics are the indigestible dietary fibres, which nourishes and enhances the growth of good bacteria in the gut.
Zinc is a mineral, which acts by improving the transport of electrolytes. It also enhances the enzymatic functions, intestinal permeability and immune response in an individual.
How to take LACTOGUT Capsule combination?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take LACTOGUT Capsule combination as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole capsule. Do not open or chew the capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of LACTOGUT Capsule combination, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with LACTOGUT Capsule?
Drugs that interact with LACTOGUT Capsule combination include the following:
- Valproic Acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LACTOGUT Capsule combination?
The following are the most common side effects of LACTOGUT Capsule combination:
- Unusual tiredness
- Swelling around eyes
- Increased heartbeat
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Lower back pain
- Skin rash
- Tightness in the chest
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions LACTOGUT Capsule combination?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LACTOGUT Capsule combination or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of LACTOGUT Capsule combination.
You are advised not to take LACTOGUT Capsule combination if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LACTOGUT Capsule combination?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of gastrointestinal, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about LACTOGUT Capsule
- Is it safe to use LACTOGUT Capsule combination while suffering from gastrointestinal diseases?
- How should LACTOGUT Capsule combination be stored?
- What are the other formulations of LACTOGUT Capsule combination available?
- What happens if I use antibiotics along with LACTOGUT Capsule combination?
- How long can I take LACTOGUT Capsule combination medicine?
Avoid using LACTOGUT Capsule combination while having badly effected gastrointestinal tract as it can increase the risk of infections.
LACTOGUT Capsule combination should be stored at room temperature away from sunlight and excess moisture.
LACTOGUT Capsule combination is available as capsule and powder.
Use of LACTOGUT Capsule combination along with antibiotics reduces the effectiveness of the medication.
LACTOGUT Capsule combination medication should be taken for a prescribed duration of time. Do not exceed the dose of more than what is prescribed.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.