What is LACARNIT?
- LACARNIT tablets contain levocarnitine which is a type of protein
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
What LACARNIT is used for?
- LACARNIT Tablets are used to treat primary and secondary carnitine deficiency in adults and children over 12 years of age which occurs when the body has a shortage of levocarnitine
- LACARNIT tablets make up for your body's lack of levocarnitine and help give your body more energy
Talk to your doctor before this medicine, including if you:
- are allergic to levocarnitine or any of the other ingredients in LACARNIT tablets
- have severe kidney problems or kidney disease and are having dialysis
- are diabetic
- Your doctor will decide if you should continue to take your medicine. If you wish to breastfeed, ask your doctor for advice
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or if you become pregnant while taking LACARNIT tablets
- Always take LACARNIT tablets exactly as your doctor has told you
- Your doctor will calculate the number of tablets you should take and may change it depending on your response to treatment
- Your doctor may take blood and urine samples to check the amount of the drug in your body
Method of administration
- LACARNIT tablets are for oral use
- They should be swallowed whole with a glass of water
If you take more LACARNIT
- If you take too many LACARNIT tablets, contact your doctor or immediately go to the nearest hospital casualty department
If you forget to take LACARNIT
- Do not take a double dose to make up for the forgotten dose. Simply continue with the next dose as planned
If you stop taking LACARNIT
- Do not stop taking this medicine without first talking to your doctor
Like all medicines LACARNIT tablets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.