K MAC Syrup 200ml
By Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd
10% Unlimited NMS Cash*
(on All Full Pre-Paid Orders)
*Cashback validity: 31 days
What is K MAC Syrup used for?
K MAC Syrup is used to treat or prevent kidney stones. It is also used to maintain the optimal level of salt balance and promote kidney health.
K MAC Syrup may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does K MAC Syrup work?
In K MAC Syrup, Magnesium Citrate belongs to a class of drugs called laxatives. This drug inhibits the formation of crystals in the urine by increasing the fluid level in the small intestine. Thus, it helps in easy bowel movements.
Potassium Citrate belongs to a class of drugs called alkalinizing agents. It works by crystallizing stone-forming salts such as calcium oxalate, calcium phosphate, and uric acid by raising the levels of urinary pH and citrate.
How to take K MAC Syrup?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take K MAC Syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
Mix the K MAC Syrup in a glass of water and stir it well. Take this medicine after your meals.
If you miss a dose of K MAC Syrup, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of K MAC Syrup may include:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Severe abdominal pain
- Muscle weakness
What are the drugs that interact with K MAC Syrup?
Drugs that interact with K MAC Syrup are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of K MAC Syrup?
The following are the most common side effects of K MAC Syrup:
- Stomach upset
- Muscle weakness
- Abdominal discomfort
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Bloody stools
- Rectal bleeding
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking K MAC Syrup?
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while on K MAC Syrup as it may cause excessive drowsiness or dizziness.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the K MAC Syrup cause dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid K MAC Syrup in case of allergic reactions.
- Avoid K MAC Syrup during pregnancy as it may affect the growing foetus.
You are advised not to take K MAC Syrup if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking K MAC Syrup?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver, gastric or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in K MAC Syrup
Frequently Asked questions about K MAC Syrup
- Can I use K MAC Syrup if I am suffering from hyperkalaemia (increased potassium levels)?
- Can I stop taking K MAC Syrup if the symptoms subside?
- How should K MAC Syrup be stored?
No, avoid taking K MAC Syrup if you have a history of high blood potassium levels. However, consult your doctor before using the drug.
No. It is important to complete the prescribed dose of K MAC Syrup.
Store the drug in a dry place at room temperature (15 – 30°C). Keep it away from direct sunlight.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.