What is K CORT 40mg Injection used for?
K CORT 40mg Injection tablet is used for the treatment of conditions, such as allergic conditions, ulcerative colitis, skin disorders, arthritis, psoriasis and lupus.
K CORT 40mg Injection topical is used in the treatment of skin diseases, such as eczema, dermatitis, allergies and skin rash.
K CORT 40mg Injection nasal spray is used in the treatment of seasonal or perennial nasal symptoms, such as stuffy nose, runny nose, itchy nose, itchy eyes and sneezing.
K CORT 40mg Injection mouth paint is used to provide relief from mouth sores caused due to injury.
K CORT 40mg Injection injection is for the treatment of allergic disorders, arthritis, blood disorders, breathing disorders, certain cancers, eye diseases, intestinal diseases and skin diseases.
K CORT 40mg Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does K CORT 40mg Injection work?
K CORT 40mg Injection belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroids. This drug acts by inhibiting arachidonic acid, which controls the biosynthesis of inflammatory mediators. Thus, it results in decreased inflammation in the affected area.
How to use K CORT 40mg Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use K CORT 40mg Injection as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- K CORT 40mg Injection injection must be administered only under medical supervision.
- K CORT 40mg Injection ointment , gel and paint form of the drug must be applied as a thin layer on a clean surface.
- Gently insert the tip of K CORT 40mg Injection nasal spray into one nostril, squeeze the bottle and breathe in deeply.
- K CORT 40mg Injection mouth paint must be applied gently in the mouth with a cotton swab. Make sure not to eat or swallow anything at least for 10 minutes after the application of mouth paint.
If you miss a dose of K CORT 40mg Injection , please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with K CORT 40mg Injection ?
Drugs that interact with K CORT 40mg Injection tablet include the following:
- Rotavirus vaccine
Drugs that interact with K CORT 40mg Injection topical/mouth paint include the following:
Drugs that interact with K CORT 40mg Injection injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of K CORT 40mg Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of K CORT 40mg Injection tablet :
- Blurred vision
- Shortness of breath
- Mental depression
- Mood changes
- Unusual weight gain
The following are the most common side effects of K CORT 40mg Injection topical :
- Burning sensation
- Skin irritation
- Skin discoloration
- Increased hair growth
- Hair bumps
The following are the most common side effects of K CORT 40mg Injection nasal spray :
- Dryness of throat/nose
- Nose irritation
- Unpleasant taste/smell
The following are the most common side effects of K CORT 40mg Injection mouth paint :
- Mouth irritation
The following are the most common side effects of K CORT 40mg Injection injection :
- Redness/pain at the injection site
- Stomach upset
- Menstrual period changes
- Trouble sleeping
- Unusual weight gain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions K CORT 40mg Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to K CORT 40mg Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking K CORT 40mg Injection if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not use K CORT 40mg Injection topical over the cuts, wounds or bruises.
- Avoid contact with the infected people as K CORT 40mg Injection decreases immunity.
- Avoid blowing your nose at least for 15 minutes after using K CORT 40mg Injection nasal spray.
You are advised not to use K CORT 40mg Injection if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking K CORT 40mg Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, tuberculosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any scheduled surgery.
- Tell your doctor if you are recently ill or infected.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about K CORT 40mg Injection
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using K CORT 40mg Injection injection?
- What are the contraindications of K CORT 40mg Injection injection?
- Can I receive any vaccines while using K CORT 40mg Injection injection?
- Can I use K CORT 40mg Injection topical to treat ringworm?
Yes, it is advised to monitor for laboratory tests, such as blood sugar levels, adrenal gland function test while using K CORT 40mg Injection .
K CORT 40mg Injection is contraindicated with thin, fragile skin, decreased function of the adrenal gland, and small red skin lesions caused by dilation of blood vessels.
No, it is not advised to receive any vaccines while using K CORT 40mg Injection . Please consult your doctor.
No, K CORT 40mg Injection is contraindicated in fungal infections, such as ringworm. Please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.