JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet 15's
By Msd Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet used for?
JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. It is used in conjunction with diet and exercise for effective glycaemic control.
JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet work?
In JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet, Metformin belongs to the class of drugs called anti-diabetic drugs. This drug acts by inhibiting hepatic glucose production, which reduces blood sugar levels.
Sitagliptin belongs to the class of drugs called anti-diabetic drugs. This drug acts by regulating the levels of glucose produced by the body after consuming food.
How to take JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet may include
- Extreme weakness
- Blurred vision
- Trouble speaking
- Stomach pain
What are the drugs that interact with JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet:
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Lack of strength
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
- Slurred speech
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Consult the doctor immediately if you experience muscle pain, numbness in your arms and legs, trouble breathing, nausea with vomiting or dizziness.
You are advised not to take JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, kidney and liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet
- Can I drive after taking JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet?
- How long should I take JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet?
- Can I alter the dose of JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet?
You must avoid driving if you experience drowsiness after taking JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet.
JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet must be taken as per doctor’s recommendations.
Do not alter the dose of JANUMET 50/500mg Tablet without medical consultation.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.