Rs.22.52 (68% Savings)
Rs.23.00 (67% Savings)
Rs.30.80 (56% Savings)
Rs.48.50 (31% Savings)
Rs.58.10 (18% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet used for?
IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet tablet is recommended for the treatment of strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis.
IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet cream is used to treat lesions of rosacea.
IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet shampoo is used for the treatment of scabies and filariasis.
IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet work?
IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anthelmintics. This drug acts by binding to certain receptors on the nerve and muscle cells of the parasite. Then, the drug paralyses and kills the parasite gradually. It also acts by suppressing the growth of adult parasite and reduces its transmission.
How to use IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug on an empty stomach or one hour before meal with a glass of water.
- Apply IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet as a thin layer over the affected area and wash your hands thoroughly after applying the cream.
If you miss a dose of IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet may include:
- Tingling sensation
- Shortness of breath
What are the drugs that interact with IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet tablet include the following:
- Sodium oxybate
- Valproic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet tablet:
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
The following are the most common side effects of IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet cream:
- Skin burning
- Stinging sensation
- Skin irritation
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Do not use IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet cream or shampoo if you are allergic to it or any other ingredient of the cream or shampoo.
What should you tell your doctor before using IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver, kidney, heart or thyroid diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet
- How should IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to use IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet tablet in an individual with a history of seizures?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet?
- Can I use IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet tablet in case of liver disease?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet?
Store IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet in a tightly closed container at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
No. It is not safe to use IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet in an individual with a history of seizures.
If IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet is used for the treatment for strongyloidiasis, regular stool examination is recommended at least three times during the first three months.
No. It is not safe to use IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet in a patient with liver disease as it may further worsen the condition. Consult the doctor before using the drug.
No. Do not change the dose of IVERMECTOL 12mg Tablet unless recommended by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.