ITRASYS 100mg Capsule 4's
|Available substitute||58 substitute/s available|
Rs.37.20 (22% Savings)
Rs.39.80 (17% Savings)
Rs.39.88 (16% Savings)
Rs.39.88 (16% Savings)
Rs.39.90 (16% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Itraconazole used for?
Itraconazole capsule/tablet is used for the treatment of fungal infections of lungs, mouth, throat, toenails or fingernails.
Itraconazole eye drops are recommended for the treatment of fungal keratitis.
Itraconazole may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Itraconazole work?
Itraconazole belongs to the class of drugs called azole anti-fungal agents. This drug acts by preventing the growth of fungi by interfering with the cell membrane synthesis of fungi.
How to use Itraconazole?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use Itraconazole as prescribed by your doctor.
- Itraconazole tablet/capsule should be taken after a meal. Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Instil the Itraconazole eye drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye.
What are the drugs that interact with Itraconazole?
Drugs that interact with Itraconazole tablet/capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Itraconazole?
The following are the most common side effects of Itraconazole tablet/capsule:
- Stomach upset
- Severe cough
- Dark urine
- Loss of appetite
- Unusual weakness
- Numbness in the hands or feet
- Sudden weight gain
The following are the most common side effects of Itraconazole eye drops:
- Blurred vision
- Redness in the eye
- Swelling of the eye
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using Itraconazole?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Itraconazole or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Itraconazole causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid Itraconazole tablet/capsule during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is unknown.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Itraconazole tablet/capsule.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
What should you tell your doctor before using Itraconazole?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver, heart or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about Itraconazole
- How should Itraconazole tablet/capsule be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking Itraconazole tablet/capsule?
- Should I follow any dietary restrictions while taking Itraconazole tablet/capsule?
- Is it safe to use Itraconazole tablet/capsule while taking statins?
- What are the other formulations of Itraconazole available?
Store Itraconazole in a cool, dry place away from light and moisture.
You must monitor your complete blood count while using Itraconazole tablet/capsule.
Avoid grapefruit juice, calcium-containing products such as milk and other dairy products while taking Itraconazole.
It is not safe to use Itraconazole while taking statins, as these drugs increase the risk of rhabdomyolysis when used together.
Itraconazole is also available as oral solution and injectable solution.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.