What is HYALGAN 20mg Injection used for?
HYALGAN 20mg Injection injection is used to increase the absorption and distribution of injected fluids and drugs in the body. It is also used for the treatment of dehydration.
HYALGAN 20mg Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does HYALGAN 20mg Injection work?
HYALGAN 20mg Injection is a protein enzyme, which acts by reducing the viscosity between tissues. This helps in increasing the diffusion of injected fluids, thereby facilitating their absorption in the body.
How to administer HYALGAN 20mg Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
HYALGAN 20mg Injection should be administered as intravenous injection only under the medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of HYALGAN 20mg Injection , please consult the doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with HYALGAN 20mg Injection ?
Drugs that interact with HYALGAN 20mg Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of HYALGAN 20mg Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of HYALGAN 20mg Injection :
- Increased palpitations
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurry vision
- Increased heart rate
- Increased sweating
- Inflammation of the skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving HYALGAN 20mg Injection ?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on HYALGAN 20mg Injection medicine.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with HYALGAN 20mg Injection medicine.
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to HYALGAN 20mg Injection or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while receiving HYALGAN 20mg Injection if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving HYALGAN 20mg Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, hypertension and cardiovascular disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about HYALGAN 20mg Injection
- How should HYALGAN 20mg Injection be stored?
- What are the other formulations of HYALGAN 20mg Injection available?
- How long can I administer HYALGAN 20mg Injection ?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of HYALGAN 20mg Injection ?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while receiving HYALGAN 20mg Injection ?
Store HYALGAN 20mg Injection intact vials in refrigerator at 2 – 8°C. Keep the medicine free from contamination.
HYALGAN 20mg Injection medicine is available only as injection. However, it is either administered through the intravenous or subcutaneous route.
HYALGAN 20mg Injection should be administered till the course is completed. Abrupt discontinuation of the medicine may lead to recurrence of the disease.
No. Do not alter the dose of HYALGAN 20mg Injection . Consult your doctor if you have any problem with the dose.
You must monitor serum electrolyte levels while receiving HYALGAN 20mg Injection .
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.