What is HEADSET Tablet used for?
HEADSET Tablet is used to relieve mild-to-moderate headache and migraine headache.
HEADSET Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does HEADSET Tablet work?
In HEADSET Tablet, Naproxen belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). This drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins by blocking the action of cyclooxygenases (COX-1 and COX-2). Thus, it helps in reducing the pain and inflammation.
Sumatriptan belongs to the class of drugs called as sulfonamides. This drug acts by altering the synthesis of serotonin, which narrows the blood vessels in the brain and reduces neurogenic inflammation. Thus, it helps in reducing the symptoms of migraine.
How to take HEADSET Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take HEADSET Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of HEADSET Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of HEADSET Tablet may include:
- Severe stomach pain
- Extreme drowsiness
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with HEADSET Tablet?
Drugs that interact with HEADSET Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of HEADSET Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of HEADSET Tablet:
- Stomach upset
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Neck pain
- Muscle tightness
- Sudden sweating
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking HEADSET Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to HEADSET Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of HEADSET Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if HEADSET Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid HEADSET Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Be cautious while taking HEADSET Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take HEADSET Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking HEADSET Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or thyroid diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about HEADSET Tablet
- Is it safe to take HEADSET Tablet while using anti-depressants?
- What are the contraindications of HEADSET Tablet?
- Can I take ibuprofen while taking HEADSET Tablet?
- What is the usual adult dose of HEADSET Tablet for a migraine?
No. It is not safe to take HEADSET Tablet while using anti-depressants. Because concomitant use of these drugs may increase the risk of serotonin syndrome. Please inform your doctor about the use of anti-depressants before taking HEADSET Tablet.
HEADSET Tablet is contraindicated in patients with ischaemia, coronary artery disease, and who have undergone coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
No. Do not take ibuprofen while taking HEADSET Tablet. Concomitant use of ibuprofen with this combination increases the risk of gastro-intestinal bleeding.
The usual adult dose of HEADSET Tablet for a migraine headache is 85 – 500 mg/day. Please consult your doctor for dosage-related queries.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.