GRILINCTUS BM PAEDIATRIC Syrup 30ml
By Franco Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup used for?
GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup syrup/tablet is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup work?
In GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup, Bromhexine belongs to the class of drugs called mucolytic drugs. The drug acts by lubricating and loosening the mucus, thereby moving the mucus out of lungs and reducing the cough.
Terbutaline belongs to the class of drugs called bronchodilators. The drug acts by stimulating the action of certain receptors that causes relaxation of bronchial smooth muscles. Thus, it improves breathing.
How to take GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup syrup/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Shake the syrup well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup?
Drugs that interact with GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup?
The following are the most common side effects of GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup:
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Muscle cramps
- Severe dizziness
- Severe weakness
- Trouble in breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you get pregnant while taking GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup.
Frequently Asked Questions about GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup
- Is it safe to take GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup in diabetes patients?
- Should I undergo any laboratory tests while taking GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup?
- Is it safe to take GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup in patients having ahistory of seizures?
No. It is advised not to take GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup in diabetes patients, as it increases the blood glucose levels.
It is advised to monitor blood electrolyte levels and blood pressure regularly while taking GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup.
No. It is advised not to take GRILINCTUS BM Paediatric Syrup in patients having a history of seizures.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.