GRENIL Suspension 60ml
By Karnataka Antibiotic & Phamaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is GRENIL Suspension used for?
GRENIL Suspension suspension/syrup/tablet is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Epigastric pain
- Fever associated with nausea and vomiting
GRENIL Suspension may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GRENIL Suspension work?
In GRENIL Suspension, Domperidone belongs to the class of drugs called dopamine receptor antagonist (anti-emetic). The drug acts by blocking the activity of certain receptors in the brain that regulates nausea and vomiting. Thus, it helps in treating the condition.
Paracetamol belongs to the class of drugs called analgesics and anti-pyretic. The drug acts by improving the pain threshold and blocking the action of certain enzymes at heat-regulating centres. Thus, it reduces pain and elevated body temperature.
How to take GRENIL Suspension?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take GRENIL Suspension suspension/syrup/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Shake the suspension/syrup well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of GRENIL Suspension, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with GRENIL Suspension?
Drugs that interact with GRENIL Suspension include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GRENIL Suspension?
The following are the most common side effects of GRENIL Suspension:
- Decreased libido
- Allergic reaction
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Involuntary movements
- Blood dyscrasias
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking GRENIL Suspension?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to GRENIL Suspension or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of GRENIL Suspension.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if GRENIL Suspension causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid GRENIL Suspension during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take GRENIL Suspension if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking GRENIL Suspension?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about GRENIL Suspension
- Is it safe to take GRENIL Suspension in individuals having vitamin K deficiency?
- Can GRENIL Suspension be used in the treatment of postoperative nausea and vomiting?
- What are the contraindications of GRENIL Suspension?
No. It is advised not to take GRENIL Suspension in individuals having vitamin K deficiency, as it worsens the condition.
No. GRENIL Suspension is not recommended in the treatment of postoperative nausea and vomiting. However, please consult your doctor.
GRENIL Suspension is contraindicated in gastro-intestinal haemorrhage, obstruction and perforation.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.