GLYNASE MF Tablet 10's
By Usv Private Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is GLYNASE MF Tablet used for?
GLYNASE MF Tablet is an oral anti-diabetic medicine, which is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. This drug should be used in conjunction with diet and exercise regimen to improve glycemic control.
GLYNASE MF Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GLYNASE MF Tablet work?
In GLYNASE MF Tablet, Glipizide belongs to the class of drugs called sulfonylureas. This drug acts by stimulating the insulin release from the pancreatic cells and also increasing the peripheral insulin uptake. This helps decrease blood glucose levels.
Metformin belongs to the class of biguanides, which acts by inhibiting the insulin production in the liver and decreasing the intestinal insulin absorption. Thus, it improves the insulin sensitivity by enhancing the peripheral glucose uptake.
How to take GLYNASE MF Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take GLYNASE MF Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole, but do not crush or chew the tablet. Usually, this combination should be taken with the first meal of the day.
If you miss a dose of GLYNASE MF Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with GLYNASE MF Tablet?
Drugs that interact with GLYNASE MF Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GLYNASE MF Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of GLYNASE MF Tablet:
- Frequent urination
- Pain in the lower back
- Painful urination
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
- Decreased heartbeat
- Haemolytic anaemia
- Hypoglycaemia (decreased blood sugar levels)
- Lactic acidosis
- Persistent cough
- Speech impairment
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions GLYNASE MF Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to GLYNASE MF Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of GLYNASE MF Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if GLYNASE MF Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid GLYNASE MF Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to take GLYNASE MF Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking GLYNASE MF Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetic ketoacidosis, liver or kidney disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have to undergo any surgical procedures.
Frequently Asked Questions about GLYNASE MF Tablet
- Is it safe to take vitamin B12 supplements while on GLYNASE MF Tablet?
- How should GLYNASE MF Tablet be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking GLYNASE MF Tablet?
- Can I take GLYNASE MF Tablet for type 1 diabetes?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of GLYNASE MF Tablet?
GLYNASE MF Tablet tend to interfere with the vitamin B12 absorption. Please consult your doctor before taking any supplements.
GLYNASE MF Tablet is stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
Yes, regular monitoring of blood sugar levels and red blood cell count is advised while on GLYNASE MF Tablet.
No, GLYNASE MF Tablet is prescribed for type 2 diabetic patients only.
No, altering the dose of GLYNASE MF Tablet is not advised. GLYNASE MF Tablet dose should be taken as prescribed.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.