GLIOTEM 100mg Capsule
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is GLIOTEM 100mg used for?
GLIOTEM 100mg is used for the treatment of glioblastoma multiforme, an aggressive type of brain tumour. It is often used in conjunction with radiation therapy.
GLIOTEM 100mg may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GLIOTEM 100mg work?
GLIOTEM 100mg belongs to the class of drugs called alkylating agents. This drug acts by breaking the double standard DNA, which results in the tumour cell death. It further inhibits the replication of the daughter cells and blocks the tumour cell cycle.
How to take GLIOTEM 100mg?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take GLIOTEM 100mg as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug on an empty stomach, as the presence of food in the stomach can decrease its therapeutic effect.
If you miss a dose of GLIOTEM 100mg, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of GLIOTEM 100mg may include:
- Pale skin
- Increased thirst
- Unusual weakness
- Decreased urination
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with GLIOTEM 100mg?
Drugs that interact with GLIOTEM 100mg include the following:
- Small pox vaccine
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GLIOTEM 100mg?
The following are the most common side effects of GLIOTEM 100mg:
- Mouth sores
- Trouble sleeping
- Changes in taste
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble breathing
- Abdominal pain
- Decreased white blood cell count
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking GLIOTEM 100mg?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to GLIOTEM 100mg or similar drugs.
- Limit the intake of alcoholic beverages while taking GLIOTEM 100mg medication.
- Consult your doctor before taking GLIOTEM 100mg medicine during breastfeeding.
- Be cautious while shaving or brushing your teeth to prevent the risk of bleeding or injury.
- Monitor your blood count and liver function while taking GLIOTEM 100mg.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after taking GLIOTEM 100mg medication, as it can cause severe drowsiness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take GLIOTEM 100mg if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking GLIOTEM 100mg?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of bleeding disorders, kidney or liver impairment.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about GLIOTEM 100mg
- Is it common to experience pale and yellow skin while taking GLIOTEM 100mg medication?
- Can I continue taking GLIOTEM 100mg medication before undergoing a surgery?
- How should GLIOTEM 100mg be stored?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of GLIOTEM 100mg medicine?
Yes. Yellowing of skin and eyes is one of the common side effects of GLIOTEM 100mg medication. It is one of the symptoms of jaundice. Therefore, consult your doctor immediately to prevent further complications.
Consult your doctor before taking GLIOTEM 100mg medication prior to a scheduled surgery.
GLIOTEM 100mg should be stored at room temperature away from heat, light and excess moisture. Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
No. It is not advised to alter the dose of GLIOTEM 100mg medication as it can increase the risk of developing bone marrow cancer. Therefore, do not alter the dose of GLIOTEM 100mg without medical supervision.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.