What is GEMCAL?
- GEMCAL contains Calcitriol, Calcium carbonate and Zinc sulphate
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
What GEMCAL is used for?
GEMCAL contains the below mentioned components, which have the following uses:
- It is the active from of vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol). Vitamin D is important for the absorption of calcium from the stomach and for the functioning of calcium in the body
- It is essential for the normal functioning of nerves, cells, muscle and bone. Calcium prevents bone loss
- It is a nutritional supplement important for normal growth and tissue repair. Supplementary zinc not only improves calcitriol response but also helps to arrest bone loss in older postmenopausal women
Talk to your doctor before using GEMCAL, if you:
- are allergic to any of the ingredients of GEMCAL
- have diseases and/or conditions resulting in hypercalcaemia and/or hypercalciuria (e.g. myeloma, bone metastases, primary hyperparathyroidism)
- have kidney problems (Nephrolithiasis/nephrocalcinosis, renal failure)
- have Hypervitaminosis D
- have any other medical condition
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor for advice before using GEMCAL
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.