Rs.150.00 (14% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET used for?
GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET tablet is used for the treatment of following:
- Neuropathic pain
GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET work?
GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET, Gabapentin belongs to the class of drugs called anti-epileptic drugs. The drug acts by interfering with the activity of certain chemicals in the brain and nervous system. Thus, it helps in reducing the neuropathic pain and seizure activity.
Nortriptyline belongs to the class of drugs called tricyclic anti-depressants. The drug acts by regulating the mood and increasing the levels of chemical messengers in the brain.
How to take GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET?
Drugs that interact with GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET?
The following are the most common side effects of GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET :
- Blurred vision
- Mood changes
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Decreased appetite
- Profuse sweating
- Severe abdominal pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET.
- Avoid GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney disorder, heart disease and thyroid disorder.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you become pregnant while taking GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET.
Frequently Asked Questions about GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET
- Is it common to experience dry mouth while taking GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of the GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET?
- How should GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET be stored?
No, dry mouth is a side effect of GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET. Consult your doctor if you experience dry mouth.
No. It is not advised to alter the dose of GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET. However, discuss with your doctor before altering the dose or stopping the medication.
GAPITAS NT 400/10MG TABLET should be stored at room temperature (15 to 30 °C) away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.