GABATOR 100mg Capsule 10's
By Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.46.20 (19% Savings)
Rs.50.71 (11% Savings)
Rs.51.00 (11% Savings)
Rs.52.80 (8% Savings)
Rs.53.00 (7% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is GABATOR 100mg Capsule used for?
GABATOR 100mg Capsule is used for the treatment of seizures and neuropathic pain. This drug helps relieve nerve pain that is associated with diabetic neuropathy and shingles. It is also used to treat trigeminal neuralgia, restless leg syndrome (RLS) and to prevent migraine.
GABATOR 100mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GABATOR 100mg Capsule work?
GABATOR 100mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called anti-epileptics. Glutamate is a neurotransmitter, which acts as a nerve-exciting agent. This neurotransmitter plays an important role in inducing seizures and transmitting pain signals to the brain. GABATOR 100mg Capsule acts by interfering with the activity of glutamate in the brain and nervous system. Thus, it helps in reducing the neuropathic pain and seizure activity.
How to take GABATOR 100mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take GABATOR 100mg Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole, but do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take GABATOR 100mg Capsule with or without food.
If you miss a dose of GABATOR 100mg Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with GABATOR 100mg Capsule?
The drugs that interact with GABATOR 100mg Capsule are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GABATOR 100mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of GABATOR 100mg Capsule:
- Chest pain
- Memory loss
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Mood swings
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions GABATOR 100mg Capsule?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on GABATOR 100mg Capsule
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if GABATOR 100mg Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of lips, throat and tongue.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly stopping the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive drowsiness when taken with GABATOR 100mg Capsule.
You are advised not to take GABATOR 100mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking GABATOR 100mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to GABATOR 100mg Capsule.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing heart problems and liver diseases.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about GABATOR 100mg Capsule
- What is an alternative drug for GABATOR 100mg Capsule to treat trigeminal neuralgia in a patient with liver disease?
- How should GABATOR 100mg Capsule be stored?
- Does GABATOR 100mg Capsule cause gallstones?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of the GABATOR 100mg Capsule?
- How long can I take GABATOR 100mg Capsule?
Carbamazepine is used as an alternative drug for treating trigeminal neuralgia in the case of liver disease. However, you must consult your doctor before using any drug.
GABATOR 100mg Capsule is stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
Yes, GABATOR 100mg Capsule may cause gallstones. Consult your doctor if you experience any symptoms associated with gallstones such as severe abdominal pain, vomiting, and diarrhoea.
No, GABATOR 100mg Capsule dose is prescribed depending on the complexity of neuropathic pain. Therefore, altering the dose is not advised.
GABATOR 100mg Capsule should be used only for the prescribed duration. Do not discontinue unless instructed by your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.