FORXIGA 10mg Tablet 14's
By Astrazeneca Pharma India Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is Dapagliflozin used for?
Dapagliflozin tablet is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Dapagliflozin may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Dapagliflozin work?
Dapagliflozin belongs to the class of drugs called anti-diabetic drugs. This drug acts on the kidneys to decrease glucose re-absorption and increase glucose excretion in urine. Thus, it helps in maintaining blood glucose levels.
How to take Dapagliflozin?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Dapagliflozin tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food.
If you miss a dose of Dapagliflozin, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Dapagliflozin?
Drugs that interact with Dapagliflozin
· Amyl Nitrite
Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Dapagliflozin?
The following are the most common side effects of Dapagliflozin:
- Frequent urination
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blood in urine
- Severe abdominal pain
- Swelling of legs
- Trouble breathing
- Urinary tract infection
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Dapagliflozin?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to Dapagliflozin or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Dapagliflozin.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Dapagliflozin causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Consult the doctor if you experience any allergic reactions.
You are advised not to take Dapagliflozin if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Dapagliflozin?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of renal failure, hypotension or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about Dapagliflozin
- Is it safe to take Dapagliflozin during pregnancy?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking Dapagliflozin Yes. It is advisable to follow a diet specific for diabetes.
- Should I undergo any laboratory tests while taking Dapagliflozin?
No. It is not advisable to take Dapagliflozin during pregnancy, as there is a risk of foetal malformation.
Yes. It is advisable to undergo kidney function tests, liver function tests, blood sugar levels, haemoglobin A1C, complete blood count and ketone levels while on Dapagliflozin.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.