What is FLUTIVATE skin Cream used for?
FLUTIVATE skin Cream is a corticosteroid used for the treatment of seasonal or year-round nasal allergy symptoms such as sneezing, congestion, running nose, itchy and watery eyes. FLUTIVATE skin Cream nasal spray is also indicated for the treatment of following conditions:
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic rhinosinusitis
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Allergic rhinitis
FLUTIVATE skin Cream cream/ointment is indicated for the patients with eczema, psoriasis, and rash.
FLUTIVATE skin Cream may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does FLUTIVATE skin Cream work?
FLUTIVATE skin Cream is a synthetic tri-fluorinated corticosteroid and has potent anti-inflammatory activity. It acts on multiple cell types and mediators involved in inflammation such as histamines, eicosanoids, leukotrienes and cytokines. Thus, it blocks the release of substances that cause allergy and increases the airway retention, which aids in better breathing.
How to use FLUTIVATE skin Cream?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use FLUTIVATE skin Cream as prescribed by your doctor.
Spray the medication while you are breathing in through the nose. The directions indicated on the leaflet should be followed carefully so as to deliver the medicine effectively.
Apply FLUTIVATE skin Cream cream/ointment sparingly in a thin film, and gently rub the affected area. Ensure that the affected area is clean and dry before applying the medication.
If you miss a dose of FLUTIVATE skin Cream, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with FLUTIVATE skin Cream?
Drugs that interact with FLUTIVATE skin Cream nasal spray are:
Drugs that interact with FLUTIVATE skin Cream cream/ointment are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of FLUTIVATE skin Cream?
The following are the common side effects of FLUTIVATE skin Cream nasal spray :
- Back pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Sore throat
- Unexplained runny nose
The following are the common side effects of FLUTIVATE skin Cream cream/ointment :
- Itching/burning sensation
- Increased redness
- Increased hair growth all over the body
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using FLUTIVATE skin Cream?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to FLUTIVATE skin Cream or similar drugs.
- Do not miss or exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not spray FLUTIVATE skin Cream into your eyes or mouth.
- Do not share the medicine with other people.
- Clean the inside of the cap with a dry tissue to avoid contamination of the medicine. Do not use any sharp objects to clean the cap.
- Avoid contact with people having an infection such as chickenpox or measles.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on FLUTIVATE skin Cream.
You are advised not to use FLUTIVATE skin Cream if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking FLUTIVATE skin Cream?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of any recent nose problems such as injury to nose or ulcers, infections such as tuberculosis or herpes eye infection, and any eye problems such as glaucoma or cataract.
- Inform the doctor if you have any pre-existing skin disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any type of
Frequently Asked Questions about FLUTIVATE skin Cream
- Can I give FLUTIVATE skin Cream to my 10-year-old child?
- Can I take other medications while on FLUTIVATE skin Cream?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of FLUTIVATE skin Cream?
- How much time does FLUTIVATE skin Cream take to show its effect?
- I am on FLUTIVATE skin Cream for asthma. Can I stop using the drug if I feel better?
Yes. FLUTIVATE skin Cream can be given to your 10-year-old child, if prescribed by the doctor under the supervision of an adult. However, for children under 2 years of age, the safe use of FLUTIVATE skin Cream is not yet established.
It is important to consult your doctor before taking any other drug with FLUTIVATE skin Cream, because certain combination of drugs may cause serious side effects that worsen the condition.
No. Do not alter the recommended dose. Consult your doctor if you experience any discomfort with the dosage prescribed.
FLUTIVATE skin Cream will show its effect within 24 hours of its use. However, it may take several days to show the maximum benefits.
You must continue using FLUTIVATE skin Cream even if you feel better. Do not discontinue the use of FLUTIVATE skin Cream, unless instructed by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.