FLOTRAL 10MG TABLET 30'S
|Available substitute||4 substitute/s available|
Rs.95.00 (74% Savings)
Rs.107.00 (71% Savings)
Rs.204.00 (45% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Alfuzosin used for?
Alfuzosin is used to treat the following condition benign enlargement of the prostate gland known as prostatic hyperplasia.
Alfuzosin may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
How does Alfuzosin work?
Alfuzosin belongs to a class of drugs known as alpha blockers. It works by blocking alpha receptors in muscle of the prostate gland. It relaxes the muscle of the prostate and bladder to improve urine flow and reduces the symptoms of BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia).
How to take Alfuzosin?
- The dosage of oral capsules of Alfuzosin depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Alfuzosin as prescribed by your doctor.
- Alfuzosin tablets should be swallowed whole with a water. They can be taken either with or without food. It works best when taken after food.
- It is used two or three times a day depending on the condition.
- Do not break or chew the tablet.
- First dose of Alfuzosin can make you feel dizzy or faint, please take it before going to bed till the symptoms goes away
- If you miss a dose of Alfuzosin, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What should you do when you have taken an overdose ofAlfuzosin?
If you have taken an overdose of Alfuzosin please contact your doctor immediately.
Symptoms of overdose may include the following:
- Blurred vision
What are the drugs that interact with Alfuzosin?
Drugs that interact with Alfuzosin:
- Glyceryl trinitrate, Isosorbide mononitrate
- Prazosin, Doxazosin
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Alfuzosin?Most common side effects Alfuzosin are:
- Blurred vision
- Skin rash
Please stop your capsules and contact your physician immediately if you have
- serious allergic reaction (rash, itching or swelling (especially of the face, tongue, throat), dizziness, trouble breathing);
- dark urine, clay-coloured stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- fainting episodes;
- penis erection which last for very long hours;
- angina pectoris (severe pain in the chest) in patients with pre-existing damage in heart’s blood vessels.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Alfuzosin?Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Alfuzosin.
- If you have eye surgery for cataract planned, tell your eye doctor that you are using Alfuzosin or have taken an alpha-blocker in the past.
- Tell your dentist that you take Alfuzosin before you take any medical dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
You are advised not to take Alfuzosin if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Alfuzosin?
Tell your doctor if
- you are allergic to Amantadine Hydrochloride or other medicine from the same class.
- you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements
- you are allergic to food, medicine or other substances;
- you have low blood pressure, liver problems, kidney problems, cancer;
- you have irregular heart beat or family history of heart problem;
- You are in medicine for high blood pressure;
- you have history of orthostatic hypotension (low blood pressure when you stand);
- you are on alpha blockers;
- you are having an eye surgery;
- you have a tendency to faint.
Frequently asked questions about Alfuzosin
Alfuzosintablets must be stored in a cool and dry place below 15 to30 degree.
No, you can have your normal diet unless advised by your doctor. Tell to your doctor about eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice while taking this medication.
Alfuzosincomes in oral capsules, drops and injectable formulations.
Alfuzosin does not affect the driving ability. However, if you are feeling dizzy, it is better to avoid driving.
It is better to avoid alcohol while taking Alfuzosin as it causes dizziness.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.