FLAGYL Suspension 60ml
By Abbott Health Care Solutions Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is FLAGYL Suspension used for?
FLAGYL Suspension is used in the treatment of a variety of bacterial infections of skin, joints, respiratory tract, stomach and vagina. It is also used to treat certain protozoal infections.
FLAGYL Suspension may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does FLAGYL Suspension work?
FLAGYL Suspension belongs to a class of drugs called antibiotics. It works by inhibiting DNA synthesis and damaging the DNA of the bacteria and protozoa. This prevents further growth and replication of the bacteria or protozoa.
How to use FLAGYL Suspension?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take with or without food.
- Apply a thin layer of FLAGYL Suspension cream on the affected area and rub it gently.
- Administer FLAGYL Suspension injection only under the supervision of a healthcare provider.
- For syrup formulation, shake the suspension well before each dose to ensure uniform mixing of the drug.
If you miss a dose of FLAGYL Suspension, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with FLAGYL Suspension?
The drugs that interact with FLAGYL Suspension tablet/injection/syrup are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of FLAGYL Suspension?
The following are the most common side effects of FLAGYL Suspension tablet/injection/syrup:
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Abdominal pain
- Painful urination
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using FLAGYL Suspension?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on FLAGYL Suspension
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if FLAGYL Suspension tablet/injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Inform your doctor if you experience rapid swelling of lips, throat and tongue while using FLAGYL Suspension tablet/injection.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive drowsiness when taken with FLAGYL Suspension tablet/injection.
What should you tell your doctor before using FLAGYL Suspension?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to FLAGYL Suspension.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing depression, skin disorders, liver or heart diseases.
Frequently Asked questions about FLAGYL Suspension
- Does FLAGYL Suspension treat common cold or flu?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on FLAGYL Suspension?
- Is FLAGYL Suspension safe to use in pregnant women?
- For how long is FLAGYL Suspension usually prescribed?
- What are the overdose symptoms of FLAGYL Suspension tablet/injection?
FLAGYL Suspension is used for the treatment of bacterial infections. It does not treat viral infections, such as common cold or flu.
Yes, it is advisable to follow a diet rich in fibre as the use of FLAGYL Suspension may cause constipation.
The use of FLAGYL Suspension during pregnancy is not safe as it may affect the growing foetus. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug.
The duration of the treatment depends on the type of infection and the severity of the condition. Based on this, the doctor may prescribe the drug.
The overdose symptoms of FLAGYL Suspension are severe abdominal cramps, rash, and metallic taste in the mouth. Consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.