FIBATOR EZ Tablet 10's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
What is FIBATOR EZ Tablet used for?
FIBATOR EZ Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of increased cholesterol levels.
FIBATOR EZ Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does FIBATOR EZ Tablet work?
In FIBATOR EZ Tablet, Atorvastatin belongs to the class of drugs called statins. The drug acts by blocking the action of certain enzymes in the liver, thereby lowering the levels of bad cholesterol and triglycerides. Thus, it reduces the risk of heart diseases.
Ezetimibe belongs to the class of drugs called cholesterol absorption inhibitors. The drug acts by inhibiting the absorption of cholesterol in the small intestine and reduces the delivery of cholesterol in the liver. Thus, it increases the cholesterol clearance from the blood and reduces the risk of heart diseases.
Fenofibrate belongs to the class of drugs called fibrates. The drug acts by activating certain receptors that causes lipolysis and eliminates triglyceride-rich particles, thereby reducing bad cholesterol levels in the blood.
How to take FIBATOR EZ Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take FIBATOR EZ Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of FIBATOR EZ Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with FIBATOR EZ Tablet?
Drugs that interact with FIBATOR EZ Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of FIBATOR EZ Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of FIBATOR EZ Tablet:
- Stomach pain
- Unusual tiredness
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble in breathing
- Yellowing of skin
- Muscle tenderness
- Loss of appetite
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking FIBATOR EZ Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to FIBATOR EZ Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of FIBATOR EZ Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if FIBATOR EZ Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid FIBATOR EZ Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take FIBATOR EZ Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking FIBATOR EZ Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver, kidney or other respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you get pregnant while taking FIBATOR EZ Tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions about FIBATOR EZ Tablet
- Is it safe to take FIBATOR EZ Tablet in diabetes patients?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking FIBATOR EZ Tablet?
- How should FIBATOR EZ Tablet be stored?
No. It is advised not to take FIBATOR EZ Tablet in diabetes patients, as it increases blood glucose levels.
Yes. It is advised to follow a low cholesterol diet while taking FIBATOR EZ Tablet.
FIBATOR EZ Tablet should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.