FERTYL M 25mg Tablet 30's
|Available substitute||4 substitute/s available|
Rs.47.50 (71% Savings)
Rs.52.50 (68% Savings)
Rs.61.00 (63% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Clomifene Citrate used for?
Clomifene Citrate tablet is used for the treatment of infertility in women. The
Clomifene Citrate may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Clomifene Citrate work?
Clomifene Citrate belongs to the class of drugs called selective oestrogen receptor modulator. It works by blocking the effect of oestrogen hormone in the body, which in turn increases the levels of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinising hormone (LH). These hormones are essential for ovulation.
How to take Clomifene Citrate?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Clomifene Citrate tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of Clomifene Citrate, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Clomifene Citrate include the following:
- Blurred vision
- Hot flushes
- Pelvic or abdominal pain
- Ovary enlargement
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with Clomifene Citrate?
Drugs that interact with Clomifene Citrate include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Clomifene Citrate?
The following are the most common side effects of Clomifene Citrate:
- Mood changes
- Tenderness in the muscles of the pectoral region
- Change in vision due to pituitary gland swelling
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe abdominal pain
- Breast discomfort
- Blurred vision
- Severe headache
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Clomifene Citrate?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Clomifene Citrate or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Clomifene Citrate.
- Use Clomifene Citrate during pregnancy only when prescribed by the doctor.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Clomifene Citrate.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take Clomifene Citrate
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Clomifene Citrate?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, kidney or liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about Clomifene Citrate
- Can I take birth control pills while on Clomifene Citrate medication?
No. Birth control pills are known to interact with Clomifene Citrate medicine. Consult your doctor before using any other medication while on Clomifene Citrate.
Please consult your doctor regarding the dosage and duration of the drug.
No. It is advisable to continue taking Clomifene Citrate medicine even if you feel better. Abrupt discontinuation would lead to abnormal blood glucose levels.
Yes. It is advised to undergo hormonal examination, pelvic examination and ultrasound while taking Clomifene Citrate.
Please consult your doctor before taking Clomifene Citrate.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.