FERIKIND S 100mg Injection 5ml
By Mankind Pharma Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
Rs.199.00 (27% Savings)
Rs.219.20 (19% Savings)
Rs.239.92 (12% Savings)
Rs.250.00 (8% Savings)
Rs.260.00 (4% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is FERIKIND S 100mg Injection used for?
FERIKIND S 100mg Injection is used for the treatment of iron-deficiency anaemia in people with chronic kidney disorders.
FERIKIND S 100mg Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does FERIKIND S 100mg Injection work?
FERIKIND S 100mg Injection belongs to the class of drugs called as haematinics. This drug acts on the reticuloendothelial system. It splits the drug into two components namely iron and sucrose. Iron binds to the bone marrow receptors and stimulates haemoglobin synthesis. Thus, it helps in normalising the haemoglobin levels.
How to use FERIKIND S 100mg Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
FERIKIND S 100mg Injection is available as an injection. Therefore, it should be administered only under medical supervision in a clinic setting.
If you miss a dose of FERIKIND S 100mg Injection , please consult the doctor.
What are the drugs that interact with FERIKIND S 100mg Injection ?
Drugs that interact with FERIKIND S 100mg Injection include the following:
- Ascorbic acid
- Ferrous Sulphate
- Folic Acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of FERIKIND S 100mg Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of FERIKIND S 100mg Injection :
- Change in taste
- Muscle cramps
- Pain in arms
- Burning sensation at the site of injection
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Rapid weight gain
- Blurred vision
- Unusual weight gain or loss
- Slow or fast heart beat
- Chest discomfort
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
The overdose symptoms of FERIKIND S 100mg Injection may include:
- Difficulty in breathing
What special precautions should be followed while receiving FERIKIND S 100mg Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to FERIKIND S 100mg Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Be cautious while using FERIKIND S 100mg Injection if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with FERIKIND S 100mg Injection .
What should you tell your doctor before receiving FERIKIND S 100mg Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of asthma, bleeding problems, heart diseases, autoimmune diseases, kidney and liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about FERIKIND S 100mg Injection
- How long should I use FERIKIND S 100mg Injection ?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of FERIKIND S 100mg Injection ?
- Do I have to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while in FERIKIND S 100mg Injection medication?
- Can I drive after using FERIKIND S 100mg Injection ?
FERIKIND S 100mg Injection should be used for the prescribed duration. Please consult your doctor if you have to discontinue the medication.
No, altering the dose of FERIKIND S 100mg Injection is not advised.
You may be monitored for serum ferritin levels while on FERIKIND S 100mg Injection medication.
Driving is not advised if drowsiness is experienced after using FERIKIND S 100mg Injection medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.