What is EZENTIA 10mg Tablet used for?
EZENTIA 10mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia
EZENTIA 10mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does EZENTIA 10mg Tablet work?
EZENTIA 10mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called dyslipidaemic agents. The drug acts by reducing the absorption of cholesterol from intestines, thereby lowering the total cholesterol and bad cholesterol in the blood.
How to take EZENTIA 10mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take EZENTIA 10mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of EZENTIA 10mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with EZENTIA 10mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with EZENTIA 10mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of EZENTIA 10mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of EZENTIA 10mg Tablet:
- Sore throat
- Runny Nose
- Joint pain
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe abdominal pain
- Yellowing eyes and skin
- Dark urine
- Muscle pain/ tenderness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking EZENTIA 10mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to EZENTIA 10mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if EZENTIA 10mg Tablet causes dizziness.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of EZENTIA 10mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take EZENTIA 10mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking EZENTIA 10mg Tablet?
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about EZENTIA 10mg Tablet
- How should EZENTIA 10mg Tablet be stored?
- Do I need to monitor any laboratory parameters while taking EZENTIA 10mg Tablet?
- Can I recommend this medication to others?
EZENTIA 10mg Tablet should be stored at a temperature of 25° C, away from heat and moisture.
It is recommended to periodically monitor cholesterol levels and perform liver function test as EZENTIA 10mg Tablet increases the risk of liver damage.
It is not advisable to recommend drugs to others as the severity of the condition and medical history may not be the same for every individual.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.