EXELON 4.6mg Patch 30's
By Novartis India Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is EXELON 4.6mg Patch used for?
EXELON 4.6mg Patch is used to treat dementia in people with Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
EXELON 4.6mg Patch may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does EXELON 4.6mg Patch work?
EXELON 4.6mg Patch belongs to the class of drugs called cholinesterase inhibitors. It works by increasing the levels of a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine, which is regulates the transmission of nerve signals. This improves the symptoms of dementia and cognitive processes of thinking, memory and learning.
How to use EXELON 4.6mg Patch?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use EXELON 4.6mg Patch as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the capsule. Take EXELON 4.6mg Patch with or without food.
- Place the patch on a clean area of skin. Gently apply pressure on the patch to make sure it is firmly attached. The patch should be smooth with no folds or bumps.
What are the drugs that interact with EXELON 4.6mg Patch?
The drugs that interact with EXELON 4.6mg Patch are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of EXELON 4.6mg Patch?
The following are the most common side effects of EXELON 4.6mg Patch:
- Loss of appetite
- Trouble breathing
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Abdominal pain
- Black-coloured stools
- Trouble urinating
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using EXELON 4.6mg Patch?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on EXELON 4.6mg Patch
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of lips, throat and tongue while using EXELON 4.6mg Patch.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive drowsiness when taken with EXELON 4.6mg Patch.
- Apply the patch for 24 hours and then remove it. Use a new patch to a different skin area. Do not apply the patch over the same skin area within 14 days.
- Monitor your body weight regularly while on
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the EXELON 4.6mg Patch causes dizziness or blurred vision.
What should you tell your doctor before using EXELON 4.6mg Patch?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to EXELON 4.6mg Patch.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing heart, liver or kidney problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about EXELON 4.6mg Patch
- Can I take EXELON 4.6mg Patch during lactation?
- Is it safe to recommend EXELON 4.6mg Patch to a person suffering from the same condition?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on EXELON 4.6mg Patch?
No, it is not advisable to take EXELON 4.6mg Patch during lactation as it may affect the baby. However, please consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
No, it is not advisable to recommend drugs even to a person having the same condition. The severity of the condition and the medical history may not be the same for every individual. Therefore, do not recommend drugs without the doctor’s consent.
Yes, follow a healthy and nutritious diet as EXELON 4.6mg Patch may decrease your appetite.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.