What is EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet used for?
EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet is used for the treatment of hypothyroidism. It is also used to treat goitre (enlarged thyroid gland).
EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet work?
EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called thyroid drugs. This drug acts by binding to the T3 and T4 thyroid receptor proteins and regulates the DNA transcription and protein synthesis. It also acts by suppressing the release of thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) from pituitary glands.
How to take EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
The overdose symptoms of EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet may include:
- Chest pain
- Irregular heartbeat
What are the drugs that interact with EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet:
- Hair loss
- Stomach cramps
- Weight loss
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased sweating
- Mood changes
- Sensitivity to heat
- Shortness of breath
- Changes in menstrual cycle
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not use EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet to treat obesity problems.
- Consult a doctor before using Levothyroxine sodium during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Consult a doctor before taking EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet if you are having anaemia.
- Do not use EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet in the treatment of male or female infertility issues.
You are advised not to take EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of food or drug allergies.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you have any pre-existing pituitary gland or adrenal gland disorders.
- Inform your doctor if you had any recent heart attack or chest pain.
Frequently Asked questions about EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet
- What are the other formulations of EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet available?
- How should EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to take EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet before a surgery?
- Is EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet safe to use in geriatric patients?
- Can I alter the dose of EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet?
EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet is available as an oral tablet, liquid solution and injection.
EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet must be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and moisture. Keep the medication in an air tight container.
Consult a doctor before taking EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet prior to a scheduled surgery.
EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet is not prescribed for older adults as a full replacement dose. However, please consult your doctor before giving EUTHYROX 75mcg Tablet to the older adults.
No. Altering the dose of the drug is not advised. However, patients with specific conditions like diabetes may be prescribed with a changed dose.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.